Instructions before your Procedure
Please immediately notify the staff at Oregon Specialists Surgery Center if:
• You have an elevated temperature of 100F or more, cough, cold, vomiting, or diarrhea between your last visit and the day of the procedure.
• You are taking antibiotics.
• You suspect being pregnant.
• You are taking blood thinners such as Pradaxa, Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, Clopidogrel, Aggrenox, Ticlid (ticlopidine), Lovenox, or Heparin. You may need to stop taking these medications before your procedure for your safety.
Requirements for the day of your procedure:
• PLEASE ALLOW FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES FOR YOUR PROCEDURE.
• Please bring photo ID, insurance card, and copay/pre-payment if instructed by the billing department.
• Food and Drink: do not eat or drink after midnight before the procedure. You may have water up to 2 hours before the procedure. Do not chew gum. Failure to follow these instructions could result in cancellation of your procedure. At any time, a sip of water is allowed to take required medications.
• Late-Show Policy: please arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled appointment if you arrive past your schedule time, you will be move to later time or re-scheduled.
• Driver: you are required to have a driver present. Do not plan to use a taxi, other public transportation, or to drive yourself. The driver should prepare to wait in the clinic during your procedure.
• Visitors: please only bring your driver. Avoid bringing children. Visitors are not allowed to accompany you into the procedure area. If you have a medical condition which requires that you have additional assistance, please let our staff know prior to your procedure.
• Interpreter: an interpreter is required if you do not understand English or if you use sign language. If you need assistance arranging for one, please notify our office as soon as possible.
• Alcohol: do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
• Jewelry and Piercings (including all body piercings): remove all jewelry before your procedure.
• Valuables: leave all valuables at home. Oregon Specialists Surgery Center is not responsible for patient’s and guest’ valuables.
• Clothing: wear loose, dark, casual, comfortable clothing with no metallic components.
• Shower: please shower or bathe the morning of your procedure with an antibacterial soap.