Instructions before your Procedure
Please immediately notify the staff at Oregon Specialists Surgery Center if:
• You have an elevated temperature of 100F or more, cough, cold, vomiting, or diarrhea between your last visit and the day of the procedure.
• You are taking antibiotics.
• You suspect being pregnant.
• You are taking blood thinners such as Pradaxa, Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, Clopidogrel, Aggrenox, Ticlid (ticlopidine), Lovenox, or Heparin. You may need to stop taking these medications before your procedure for your safety.
Requirements for the day of your procedure:
• Please bring photo ID, insurance card, and copay/pre-payment if instructed by the billing department.
• Late-Show Policy: as a courtesy to our other patients, if you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you will be moved to a later time or rescheduled.
• Interpreter: an interpreter is required if you do not understand English or if you use sign language. If you need assistance arranging for one, please notify our office as soon as possible.
• Alcohol: do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
• Jewelry and Piercings (including all body piercings): remove all jewelry before your procedure.
• Valuables: leave all valuables at home. Oregon Specialists Surgery Center is not responsible for patient’s and guest’ valuables.
• Clothing: wear loose, dark, casual, comfortable clothing with no metallic components.
• Shower: please shower or bathe the morning of your procedure with an antibacterial soap.